Read our recent quarterly e-newsletter to find out more about our services and activities.
Now Hiring: Events Production Coordinator
swissnex San Francisco recently moved to Pier 17 where it is curating a co-working innovation hub on the waterfront. Applying open innovation firsthand, swissnex is creating a community of university, startup, creative, and corporate residents including: Ecole Cantonale d’Art de Lausanne, Ecole Hôtelière de Lausanne, Logitech, Nestlé, Pro Helvetia, Swisscom, Swiss Re, University of Geneva, View, and Vitra.
In addition to a large co-working space with stunning Bay views, our location also includes exhibition and events spaces. We have the capacity to hold three events simultaneously, and we offer several hundred events per year (including a variety of public and/or partner events, exhibitions, workshops, hosted events and study tours).
swissnex SF is growing our Operations Team and looking for an Events Production Coordinator. The successful candidate will be responsible for events coordination and production (including planning and scheduling). As an integral part of the Operations Team which oversees running the building and planning all swissnex internal and external activities while integrating all our community needs and supporting the other swissnex teams, the Events Production Coordinator will be a key team member ensuring smooth operations by being the liaison between people, activities, and spaces.
Projected start date: May, 2017
The Events Production Coordinator reports to the Head of Operations, and has the following primary responsibilities:
- Act as the main point of contact and coordinate both internal and external events involving the swissnex calendar, the schedules and activities for the different event spaces, and other workshops/events (e.g. manage the event request platform, handle incoming inquiries, including correspondence for both types of requests)
- Coordinate event design and production (development)
- Act as the liaison between swissnex and external vendors (e.g. service coordination for catering, event-related supplies, equipment, cleaning, security and additional staffing needs, when applicable)
- Coordinate any event material/equipment/catering deliveries, complying with all building regulations
- Evaluate event equipment needs, maintain and update the event spaces and storage inventory and tidiness accordingly along with initiating ideas for organization
- Coordinate administrative tasks for events (e.g. drafting event agreement, when applicable)
- Maintain accurate database for events preparation and logistics checklists, archiving and reporting (post-event e.g. Salesforce integration)
- Act as the main person to physically set up event specific equipment, including for our Gallery space (temporary signage, event registration, and other features), if needed
- Act as the main tech person at events—requires broad knowledge of A/V systems and needs including sound, projection and PowerPoint organization for panel discussions, lectures and performances and provide assistance during events
- Be the main point of contact for events-related equipment maintenance and repair, including manual work
- Attend on-site events to coordinate event logistics
- Manage event space calendars and tools
- Manage event registration event systems (Eventbrite)
- Minimum three years related experience in a fast-paced, customer-service oriented environment
- Excellent planning, organizational and communication skills
- Previous experience in event planning, logistics, coordination and support to individuals
- Superior written and oral English language skills required; big plus if you also speak French and/or German
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office and Google apps; experience with project management tools
- Prior experience running A/V systems for public events and performances
- Pro-active, open-minded, very flexible, hands-on and not afraid to roll up your sleeves to make things happen
- Comfortable with physical work (lifting, etc.) necessary for event and exhibit set-up, and with extended periods of standing, sitting, and walking
- Basic knowledge and ease with building/facilities operations and technology; excellent troubleshooting skills
- Strong attention to details
- Enthusiastic, energetic and outgoing personality at ease with problem-solving
- Able to take direction and work in a team environment but also highly self-motivated
- Able to think fast on your feet in sometimes stressful situations and respond quickly and professionally to the unexpected
Note: due to our status as an annex of the Swiss Consulate, applicants must either be Swiss residents, U.S. citizens or U.S. permanent residents. No exceptions.
- A full-time position; start date as soon as possible, ideally early May, 2017
- Starting compensation commensurate with experience and responsibilities in a comparable non-profit setting ($55-60K DOE), 4 weeks of vacation, generous holidays and sick leave, employer-matched 401(K) for those with a US tax obligation, and 80% employer-paid medical and dental plans
- A multi-cultural, creative, fast-paced, interdisciplinary, and team-oriented work environment
- A platform to grow your leadership skills, professional experience, and network
- Gorgeous location at the end of Pier 17
- A creative, international, and inspiring work environment
All applications must be submitted via this web interface and include a cover letter and resume to be considered.
Interested candidates please apply by end of day April 2.