swissnex San Francisco connects the dots between Switzerland and North America in science, education, art, and ...
Connect the dots between Switzerland and North America in science, education, art, and innovation.
Who We Are
nex-us \L.fr. nexus, pp. of nectere, to bind\ 1: connection, link 2: a connected group 3: center or focus
nex-t 1: closest to in space 2: closest to in time
swissnex San Francisco is part of a knowledge network with nodes in the world’s most innovative hubs—Bangalore, Boston, San Francisco, Shanghai, Singapore, and Rio de Janeiro—where the future is being shaped.
swisssnex is an initiative of Switzerland’s State Secretariat for Education, Research and Innovation (SERI), managed in cooperation with the Department of Foreign Affairs as an annex of the Consulate General of Switzerland in San Francisco. A public-private venture, vital financial support is provided by partners, sponsors, and donors sharing swissnex San Francisco’s commitment to connecting the dots.
Nexus, Catalyst, Curator
What We Do
swissnex San Francisco is a platform for the exchange of knowledge and ideas in science, education, art, and innovation. We highlight the best of Swiss and North American ingenuity and create opportunities for networking among our diverse group of professional contacts in the San Francisco Bay Area, Silicon Valley, and beyond.
We take an active role in strengthening Switzerland’s leadership as a world-class location for science, education, and innovation. Our core value lies in our ability to:
- Strengthen Switzerland’s profile as a nation of leading-edge research, quality, innovation, and openness
- Connect scientists, researchers, entrepreneurs, policy-makers, and thought leaders with inspiring peers and new ideas on either side of the globe
- Facilitate academic programs, global innovation strategies, and knowledge exchange
- Create and present transdisciplinary projects in imaginative ways
- Network with relevant contacts at universities, research institutions, and companies to maintain a powerful web of worldwide knowledge
- Support internationalization efforts of Swiss academic institutions and companies, with a special focus on R&D based startups
- Share innovative achievements and emerging trends locally and in Switzerland
- Inform stakeholders of developments in science, technology, education, and innovation policies
- Participate in our communities and interact with Swiss and local partners to bring added value
Creativity and curiosity are in our genes
What We Offer
We work hard on behalf of our stakeholders, partners, clients, and audiences to anticipate opportunities and provide a unique experience so that all sides benefit and succeed. We believe that unexpected outcomes can lead to the brightest achievements, and we embrace synergies. We have a variety of Services; here is some of what we offer:
- Exposure to new ideas and projects from Switzerland and North America
- Visibility for Swiss and Swiss-based research, science, companies, and art at the interface of technology
- Support for internationalization
- Networking opportunities with highly educated and technology-savvy peers
- Targeted introductions and access to a network of academic and business leaders
- Workspace and infrastructure
- Startup Acceleration
- Trend Scouting
- Consulting and benchmarking
- Public and private interdisciplinary events
- Thematic study tours and organized visits
Learn about our Advisory Board.