swissnex invites you to an evening discussion and cocktail reception around a hotly debated topic: Content Delivery and Digital Rights Management (DRM).
Two guest speakers from Switzerland, including the founder and CEO of Secure Digital Container – a market leader in DRM – will give you a glimpse of the innovative Swiss market in this field. This introduction follows a panel discussion about legal content delivery from a point of view encompassing how protection technology and standard formats contribute to an ultimate goal: to provide a healthy ecosystem for the mass market consumer to share his knowledge, ideas, thoughts, humor, music, words and art – all made possible through the Internet.
6:00 pm doors open 6:30 pm welcome Birgit Woetzl, swissnex
- Introduction to i-net Basel Walter Dettling, Dean, University of Applied Sciences, Basel (Switzerland)
- Introduction to the Basel Center of Excellence “DRM and Content Delivery” and conference “The main issues to get legal content delivery fly” Michael Bornhaeusser, Founder and CEO Secure Digital Container AG (Switzerland)
7:15 pm panel discussion on “How to make digital delivery a profitable and sustainable business ?”, with
- Michael Bornhaeusser, CEO, Secure Digital Container
- Ted Cohen, VP, Digital Development & Distribution, EMI Recorded Music
- Chris Castle, Sr VP Legal Affairs & Gen. Counsel, Snocap Inc.
- Paul Kocher, CEO, Cryptography Research
- Gerd Leonhard, ThinkAndLink, co-author of “The Future of Music”
- Corynne McSherry, Intellectual Property Attorney, Electronic Frontier Foundation
- moderated by Burry Arnheim, Partner, Perkins Coie LLP
7:45 pm Q&A;, networking, fingerfood and drinks 9:30 pm doors close