Entrepreneurship Program Manager
Start Date: January 11, 2021
Reports to: Head of Entrepreneurship
swissnex is the Swiss global network connecting the dots in education, research, and innovation. The mission of these innovation outposts is to support the outreach and active engagement of our partners in the international exchange of knowledge, ideas and talent. The swissnex global network consists of five locations and outposts established in the world’s most innovative hubs. We contribute to strengthening Switzerland’s profile as a world-leading innovation hotspot.
For over a decade, swissnex has partnered with Innosuisse to help the most promising startups from Switzerland establish a foothold in the US market. The program has actively supported the development and internationalization efforts of some of the most successful Swiss startups, including Mindmaze, Dacuda, Doodle, Beekeeper and Ava. We also work with EPFL and other Swiss universities to expand their entrepreneurship offerings.
We are looking for an Entrepreneurship Program Manager (EPM) to support the Head of Entrepreneurship in managing and scaling our startup programs and to be our in-house expert on all things entrepreneurship. The ideal candidate will be passionate about technology and innovation, forward-thinking and entrepreneurial, outgoing and an expert networker and have a proven track record working for/with Swiss startups and the Swiss startup ecosystem. The EPM will be responsible for the operations of our entrepreneurship programs and for supporting the Head of Entrepreneurship in delivering entrepreneurship services and designing and building new programs.
Startup Programs Management (40%)
- Pipeline building and management for startup programs and scouting for qualified participants
- Manage Innosuisse startup application process and liaise with Innosuisse, including supporting global coordination of Innosuisse startup services
- Liaise with subject matter experts and Silicon Valley network to arrange sessions and visits during programs and increase visibility for programs and events
- Main point of contact for all startup related inquiries
- Co-lead the planning and execution of a university entrepreneurship program
- Ensure high quality of startup services and track feedback and success of alumni
- Proactively seek out and publish success stories
- Support design of new programs and continuous improvement of existing programs
Startup Program Operations/Admin/Communications Support (40%)
- Lead project management for all entrepreneurship programs
- Ensure accurate documentation of Innosuisse startup programs
- Liaise with communications team and operations teams to ensure smooth communication about and execution of startup programs (lead for content and format)
- Ensure all program-related content and processes are up-to-date on the swissnex website and manage the SwissStartups Twitter account with the goal of increasing followers and engagement from the Swiss and US startup ecosystems
- Push and propose continuous improvement of these processes
Network Development & General Support (20%)
- Proactively seek out and attend networking events related to topics of importance for all of swissnex’s activities with a particular focus on events that can help to grow the local startup support network
- Benchmarking for new programs
- Attend and work at evening swissnex events
- Support entrepreneurship team with other administrative duties, as assigned
Our ideal candidate
- Two to four years’ relevant professional experience, ideally working within the Swiss startup ecosystem
- Passionate about entrepreneurship, connecting people and organizing programs
- Experience leading projects and using project management tools
- Hands-on doer, quick learner, and excellent team player who is willing to go the extra mile
- Excellent English language and communications skills
- Experience with marketing, content development, and event planning
- Solutions-oriented mindset and an excellent problem-solver
- Positive attitude and a good sense of humor
- Ability to deal with uncertainty and thrive in a fast-paced, creative, and fluid work environment
- Bonus: has a network within the Bay Area startup ecosystem
What we offer
- Collaborate with interesting internal and external partners in the fields of science, education, art and innovation in both Silicon Valley and Switzerland
- Opportunity for professional growth, both lateral and vertical
- Attend regular free events and programs, weekly community lunches, and optional workout sessions and have access to professional development opportunities
- The chance to work with an experimental, engaged, and strengths-based team that is guided by the following principles: We are curious. We value people. We take action.
- Non-profit compensation range depends on experience and country of residence for tax purposes. Benefits include: 4 weeks’ vacation, 12+ annual holidays, sick leave, medical insurance. Swiss employees receive a diplomatic visa and continue to pay into the Swiss benefits system.
Ready to apply?
To be considered, you must apply through this link and include in your application both your resume (CV) and a cover letter detailing your qualifications and interest in the position.
Very important: due to our legal status as an annex of the Swiss Consulate, we can only hire Swiss citizens or residents or U.S. citizens or residents. There can be no exceptions. For this position, we will prioritize candidates who have spent considerable time in Switzerland.
Apply soon. Deadline to apply is October 25, 2020.