We’re Hiring: Innovation & Technology Intern
Status: Full-time, 40 hours/week
Title: Innovation & Technology Associate
Duration: February 1, 2020 through October 31, 2020 (9 months)
Reports to: Head of Innovation & Sustainability
swissnex SF offers a 9-month Innovation & Technology Internship to support our innovation team (corporate innovation services, startup development programs, and sustainability initiatives). We’re looking for a self-starter who is equally comfortable with research, logistics and networking. This person should have a high level of natural curiosity and a love for new technologies. Ideally the candidate has knowledge or experience in one or more of the following areas: energy, mobility, food, health, finance, and/or insurance.
(40%) Logistics and Operations
- Support program-related logistics in coordination with operations team, with focus on supporting corporate innovation and startup camps
- Collaborate with other interns on shared operational duties
- Contribute to departmental goal development and tracking efforts
(40%) Research and Discovery
- Research and report on emerging trends, technologies, and relevant startups to support corporate innovation services and sustainability initiatives
- Seek out and attend networking events on topics of relevance for swissnex activities (digital society, climate neutrality, and future economy, among others) and share learnings to the broader swissnex team
(20%) Technology Project
- Research, recommend and develop a technology project that adds value both internally and externally: possible projects could include investigating and recommending possible uses of AI to support scouting activities
Our Ideal Candidate
- Recent graduate (required), ideally in business, economics, or engineering
- Knowledge or experience in one or more of the following areas: energy, mobility, food, health, finance, and/or insurance
- Proven project management skills and experience organizing events or programs
- Open-minded and flexible team player with strong social skills and natural networking ability
- Excellent command of oral and written English, along with German, French and/or Italian
- Willing to roll up sleeves and do what is needed; capable of performing the physical work required for events (standing for extended periods, lifting and moving tables and chairs, etc.)
Eligibility Criteria for Internship
- Candidate is a Swiss citizen or a non-swiss citizen with legal residency in Switzerland (C-permit)
- Candidate studies in a university or university of applied sciences in Switzerland towards a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree and is requested to do an internship in order to obtain the degree, or
- The last university degree (Bachelor/Master) is not older than one year at the beginning of the internship
- Candidate has not gained professional experience in the field of his/her studies
- The total period of internships (“Hochschulpraktium”/ “Stage académique”, including the one at swissnex) within the Swiss confederation does not exceed 12 months
What we offer
- Gain work experience in a creative and fast-paced environment, in one of the most dynamic regions of the world
- Collaborate with interesting partners in the fields of science, education, art and innovation in both Silicon Valley and Switzerland
- Hone your networking and project management skills and extend your personal network
- Attend regular free events and programs, weekly community lunches, and optional workout sessions, along with professional development and team-building opportunities
- Salary of USD 2,700 per month, plus vacation + mix of Swiss and US holidays
About swissnex San Francisco
Part of a world-wide network, swissnex San Francisco is Switzerland’s innovation outpost in the Bay Area. We are a dynamic, international team connecting the dots in science, education, art and innovation. We produce events, exhibitions, and startup bootcamps (to name a few) at Pier 17 on the waterfront in San Francisco.
Our Green Business Certified office space — named one of the “coolest workplaces on the planet” by Microsoft News — includes a working area that we share with Swiss academics, scientists, startups, designers, and innovation-driven companies, as well as a public event space and gallery. Through our work with Swiss and US partners, we strive to advance new ideas and international collaborations for the benefit of society.
Ready to apply?
To be considered, you must apply through the link below and include in your application both your resume (CV) and a cover letter detailing your qualifications and interest in the position.
Deadline to apply is October 27. Interviews early November.