The future is decentralized, and it’s already begun. Join us for a state of the union on the decentralization movement! Now that initial pilots are here, what are next steps?
We will connect audiences from San Francisco, Swiss Post in Bern, Trustsquare in Zürich, and the Blockchain Association in “Crypto Valley” Zug through live-feeds for a truly international dialogue on the state of blockchain. Enjoy coffee and bagels in San Francisco as we virtually connect with specialists from Switzerland’s Crypto Valley (drinking beer at 5pm, Swiss time).
We will research two main questions:
- How do the hotbeds of blockchain innovation differ? This decentralized movement asks for a multi-national multi-directional conversation, and we are providing an open channel between Switzerland and Silicon Valley.
- How is academia thinking differently than VCs? We bring both to the table.
The keynote and panels include a virtual 5 minute Q&A from a global audience in San Francisco, Swiss Post in Bern, Trustsquare/UZH, and the Crypto Valley Association.
7:45 – 8:00am PST (4:45pm CET) – Doors open
8:00 – 8:05am PST (5pm CET) — Introduction Steven Reading, Valerie Riedo, from San Francisco & Bern
8:05 – 8:25am PST (5:05pm CET) — Keynote by Lukas Etter on “State of Blockchain in Switzerland,” from Zug
8:25 – 8:45am PST (5:25pm CET) — Panel with Dr. Thomas Puschmann, Dani Gasteiger & Dr. Roman Tuor on “A decentralized technological approach vs. an increasing globally inter-connected economy,” from Zürich
8:45 – 9:00am PST (5:45pm CET): Fireside chat with Steven Reading on “Blockchain Startups in Silicon Valley,” from San Francisco
9:00 – 10am: Networking (Beer in Switzerland, Bagels in San Francisco)
In San Francisco:
- Steven Reading – Head of Corporate Innovation and Startup Development, swissnex San Francisco
- Brett Murray – Executive Director, JP Morgan Chase
From Bern, Switzerland:
- Valerie Riedo – Project Manager Open Innovation / Blockchain Specialist, Swiss Post
From Zug, Switzerland:
- Lukas Etter – VC Investing and Business Advisory for Blockchain technology ventures, Lakeside Partners (VC in the Crypto Valley)
From Zurich, Switzerland:
- Dr. Thomas Puschmann – Professor at University of Zurich & member of Trust Square
- Dani Gasteiger – Co-Founder of Trust Square / VALID
- Dr. Roman Tuor – Deon Digital Executive Board Member