Destination Europe showcases the vibrant research culture in Europe and the exciting opportunities available for researchers, from anywhere in the world, interested in working there. It is a joint initiative from the European Union and its member states.
The San Francisco event features:
– Experts from European research organizations, funding agencies, and European Commission presenting programs, initiatives, and opportunities to develop innovation and technology transfer;
– Researchers who moved to Europe temporarily or permanently on hand to share their experience;
– Information about the practicalities of moving to Europe;
– An exhibition space with stands to provide additional information.
Switzerland will participate as well and offer a 90-minute break-out session focusing on funding opportunities: Switzerland Grants for Research & Mobility Fellowship.
The speaker will be Counselor Christoph Ebell from the Office of Science, Technology, and Higher Education at the Embassy of Switzerland in the United States of America.
The break-out session will touch on:
– Advice and support on how to move to Switzerland;
– Detailed information about programs for doctoral and postdoctoral fellowships offered by the Swiss National Science Foundation and the European Organization for Nuclear Research (CERN).
Register to join our break-out session.
Photo: Myleen Hollero