Discover the most innovative game studios from Belgium, Italy, Poland and Switzerland when the gaming stars of tomorrow converge during the 2016 Game Developers Conference (GDC).
One promising startup from each country will pitch their breakthrough technology or new game concept before an expert jury and audience. The most successful startup of the night wins coveted face-time with an industry insider, possibly launching them into the big time.
If you are a publisher, investor, distributor, or member of the media, don’t miss this chance to uncover trends and explore potential new business relationships during the networking and demo portion of the evening!
6:30 pm doors open
7:00 pm keynote by Ru Weerasuriya, Ready at Dawn
7:15 pm startup pitches
8:15 pm announcement of best pitch
8:30 pm networking and demos
10:00 pm doors close
- Christopher Bergstresser – President of Ludicious Zürich Game Festival, Advisory Board Member of Nitro Games, Iconicfuture and AppScotch
- Pierre Gaubil – CEO and Co-Founder of Sensopia, Co-Founder of Days of Wonder and CAST
- Joachim de Hemptinne – Gaming Enthusiast
- Paul Heydon – General Partner at London Venture Partners, Co-Founder of C100UK and playhubs and Board Member of WINKO games, Whally, Shark Punch and DOJO Madness
- Lulu LaMer – Director of Studio Development at Funomena
- Matteo Vallone – Business Development, Android Apps and Games EMEA at Google
Ru Weerasuriya is the Co-Founder, President and Chief Creative Officer of Ready At Dawn Studios. He leads the company’s overall game and creative development and serves as the creative director and writer across all the studio’s titles. Notable titles released under his direction are: Daxter, God of War: Chains of Olympus, God of War: Ghost of Sparta and recently The Order: 1886.
Weerasuriya was named one of the top 100 developers in the world in both 2008 and 2009, and for the last few years has served as a judge for the Academy of Interactive Arts and Sciences’ Achievement Awards and as a member of the Advisory Board for the Game Developers Conference.
A native of Sri Lanka who grew up in Switzerland, he started his career at Blizzard Entertainment working on Starcraft after graduating with a Bachelor of Science in Industrial & Transportation Design at the Art Center College of Design. He then led the Cinematic art direction for Warcraft III and World of Warcraft.
Photo: Myleen Hollero