Technology & Innovation Internship at swissnex San Francisco
swissnex San Francisco offers a 9-month Technology & Innovation Internship to support our innovation team.
Title: Junior Project Manager, Technology & Innovation
Status: Full-time, 40 hours/week
Duration: February through October 2019 (9 months)
Reports to: Head of Innovation & Sustainability
swissnex San Francisco is located at Pier 17 and is part of the global swissnex Network for international collaboration. Our mission is to connect people and ideas from Switzerland and the San Francisco Bay Area to foster exchange in research, education, innovation, and the arts. Inspiring collaboration across disciplines, industries, and borders, we host universities, startups, corporates, artists, and designers. As convener, facilitator, and curator, we program a range of events, workshops, conferences, exhibitions, and innovation exchanges that explore the ideas and issues that shape our society.
swissnex is an initiative of Switzerland’s State Secretariat for Education, Research and Innovation (SERI), managed in cooperation with the Department of Foreign Affairs. In San Francisco, swissnex is an annex of the Consulate General of Switzerland. A public-private venture, vital financial support is provided by partners, sponsors, and donors sharing swissnex San Francisco’s vision to advance new ideas and international collaboration for the benefit of societies.
About the Position
swissnex SF’s innovation team (corporate innovation services, startup development programs, and sustainability initiatives) is looking for support for the programs and services it runs in 2019. We are looking for a self-starter who is equally comfortable with networking and desk research. This person should have a high level of natural curiosity and a love for new technologies. Ideally the candidate has knowledge or experience in one or more of the following areas: energy, mobility, food, health, finance, and insurance.
- Research and report on emerging trends, technologies, and relevant startups to support corporate innovation services and sustainability initiatives
- Seek out and attend networking events on topics of relevance for swissnex activities and share learnings to the team
- Support program-related logistics in coordination with operations team
- Collaborate with the public programs intern on shared operational duties
- Contribute to departmental goal development and tracking efforts
- Coordinate program content and logistics for 6th edition of Swiss-US Energy Innovation Days (tbc)
- Recent graduate in business, economics, or engineering
- Proven project management skills
- High level of natural curiosity and passion for innovation and technology
- Strong social skills and natural networker
- Experience organizing events or programs
- Excellent command of oral and written English
- Open-minded and flexible, willing to roll up sleeves and do what is needed
- Team player
- Availability evening and weekend hours, as required
What can expect you from us?
Gain work experience in a creative and fast-paced environment, in one of the most dynamic regions of the world
Collaborate with interesting partners in the fields of science, education, art and innovation in Silicon Valley and Switzerland
Hone your networking and project management skills and extend your personal network
Work with different stakeholders at swissnex SF for organizational and operational tasks
Salary of USD 2,200 per month
REQUIREMENTS: Due to our legal status as an annex of the Swiss Consulate, interns must be either Swiss citizens or Swiss residents. In addition, you must have completed your university studies no more than 12 months prior to the start date of February 1, 2019. No exceptions are possible. To be considered, you must apply through the link below and include in your application both your resume (CV) and a cover letter detailing your qualifications and interest in the position.
Apply HERE. Apply before November 25. Applications will be reviewed as they are received.