Swiss university professors on Twitter. Brand ambassadors and digital teaching in 140 characters or less.
The Digital Campus is a program led by swissnex San Francisco, aimed to provide Swiss higher education institutions with the latest knowledge and best practices on how to leverage new technologies for the benefits of their institution.
Customized High-Value Services
The program provides institutions with tools and access to resources, regular, in-depth reports about the institution’s activity on social media, admission to an annual symposium, the option to participate in study tours to the Silicon Valley, tailored training and consulting, and many other exclusive components.
Gateway to Silicon Valley
swissnex San Francisco’s proximity to the Silicon Valley, the birthplace of new technologies, puts it at the epicenter of cutting-edge innovations. This ability to identify future trends, together with a large and valuable network of contacts, allows to deliver a top-notch program, tailored to the needs and challenges of Swiss academia.
Unique Community in Switzerland
The program is an evolution of Swiss Academia and the Social Media Landscape, a swissnex San Francisco initiative that spanned over two years and started in early 2011. The participation of all 12 Swiss universities, the majority of the universities of applied sciences, and many federal research institutes has allowed it to build a community of higher education communicators that is unique in Switzerland.
Initially supported by the Gebert Rüf Stiftung, the program is now entirely funded by the 15 participating institutions with support by the Swiss State Secretariat for Education, Research, and Innovation (SERI).
Universities and Federal Institutes
- Università della Svizzera italiana (USI)
- University of Basel (UNIBAS)
- University of Bern (UNIBERN)
- University of Lausanne (UNIL)
- University of Liechtenstein (UNILI)
- University of Neuchatel (UNINE)
- University of Zurich (UZH)
- ETH (Swiss Federal Institute of Technology Zurich)
Universities of Applied Sciences
- Bern University of Applied Sciences (BFH)
- University of Applied Sciences HTW Chur (HTW)
- University of Applied Sciences and Arts Northwestern Switzerland (FHNW)
- University of Applied Sciences and Arts Western Switzerland (HES-SO)
- Zurich University of Applied Sciences (ZHAW)
- Zurich University of the Arts (ZHdK)
Photo: Florencia Prada